Lettronics Support

The place for free support for our software and systems.
Welcome to Lettronics Support Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Stock Take

Last post 04-18-2010, 9:57 PM by Lettronics. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-24-2009, 12:14 PM 1184

Stock Take

Hi,

I have been trying to work out for awhile a way to do a stock take using you epos system! and i cant think of any way currently

But i have though of one way which i assume would be very easy for you to add.

Basically a button in SCM called Zero all.

This button would Zero the quantity in stock for every item.

You could then go through using View Item in SCM and scan every item in your shop inputting a quantity as you go! When finished print out a full report and that will tell you both retail and trade value of everything in your shop! you could also check that against a print out from before you zeroed everything to see what has been lost/ stolen!

Obviously if there was a proper way of inputting the quanties as there is in Invoice this would be all the better!

Thanks

Ben 

•  07-24-2009, 1:18 PM 1185 in reply to 1184

Re: Stock Take

Are you handy with MS Access, or any programming language that you can send SQL commands towards the database?

For SCM/PCTill versions up to and including 3.6.x, fire in the following SQL

UPDATE Products SET UnitsInStock = 0

(obviously back up your DB beyond doing this!!!)

For SCM/PCTill versions higher than 3.7.0, this will not work. There will be a similarly easy SQL command, though.

Get free EPoS software at http://www.lettronics.com
  •  04-17-2010, 3:23 PM 1447 in reply to 1185

Hi,

Just an update 

Should have followed your advice but with little knowledge of SQL i just highlighted the whole column and deleted the values in there! 

This worked in SCm for putting in the new quantities but PCTill was not happy with it so i had to change the quantity to Zero as nothing caused a problem for PCTill. 

Ben 

•  04-17-2010, 7:20 PM 1448 in reply to 1447

lawlor:

Hi,

Just an update 

Should have followed your advice but with little knowledge of SQL i just highlighted the whole column and deleted the values in there! 

This worked in SCm for putting in the new quantities but PCTill was not happy with it so i had to change the quantity to Zero as nothing caused a problem for PCTill. 

Ben 

Generally, PCTill doesn't like columns with Nulls in, if you are editing manually in SQL/Access.

•  04-18-2010, 9:23 PM 1450 in reply to 1184

Out stock take has to be scrutinised indepently (we are a charity) so I wrote a query within Access to pull the current stock quantity and details through onto a report which was then cross checked with the existing stock, any differences being entered as a new invoice to update the quantities.

Bit long winded but this does then provide a papertrail in case of anyone querying facts after everything is done.

Proud to say last stock take showed us £12 down on a stock of £7k (was expecting worse as we have had several new volunteers start over the last year).

Dave

Dave
    Grantham Scout Shop
    www.grantham-scouts.org.uk
  •  04-18-2010, 9:57 PM 1452 in reply to 1450

simplenstupid:

Out stock take has to be scrutinised indepently (we are a charity) so I wrote a query within Access to pull the current stock quantity and details through onto a report which was then cross checked with the existing stock, any differences being entered as a new invoice to update the quantities.

Bit long winded but this does then provide a papertrail in case of anyone querying facts after everything is done.

Proud to say last stock take showed us £12 down on a stock of £7k (was expecting worse as we have had several new volunteers start over the last year).

Dave

Sounds good Smile

Keep an eye on the database version (DBVersion in Misc table), if this changes, thoroughly check your script again, as we often make changes to the database schema.  V4.0, for example, made major changes to how the quantity in stock was stored.

View as RSS news feed in XML