Lettronics Support

The place for free support for our software and systems.
Welcome to Lettronics Support Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Implications of Upgrading

Last post 01-30-2013, 9:42 AM by Lettronics. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-07-2013, 6:15 PM 1580

Implications of Upgrading

Hi all !

I have been using PCTill 3.5.1 for ages now on an old PC with the data on a networked PC that runs the data admin side.

Need to upgrade the till machine and think I ought to upgrade to latest version first (or after?)

Implications ... if any ... and any pitfalls to watch out for. 

Many thanks 

Jimmy 

•  01-07-2013, 7:07 PM 1581 in reply to 1580

Re: Implications of Upgrading

Vista/Win7 (and probably Win8) may need some of the registry entries pre-created.

I'm a big believer in "if it works for you", so if you are happy with the version you use, stick with it.  Although we think later versions are robust, there are very major database changes between 4.0 and 4.5

Get free EPoS software at http://www.lettronics.com
  •  01-29-2013, 10:50 PM 1582 in reply to 1581

Hi, you mention the major database changes between 4.0 and 4.5, but I cannot locate a version 4.5 in either beta or release.

Please can you post the link to it here so I can start the UAT process for upgrading.

Cheers

Dave 

Dave
    Grantham Scout Shop
    www.grantham-scouts.org.uk
  •  01-30-2013, 9:42 AM 1585 in reply to 1582

simplenstupid:

Hi, you mention the major database changes between 4.0 and 4.5, but I cannot locate a version 4.5 in either beta or release.

Please can you post the link to it here so I can start the UAT process for upgrading.

Cheers

Dave 

4.5 pre-release is not yet available beyond the closed beta testers. But a wider beta should be available very soon. We know of one dual site business who have been using it live for over a year now, in SQL Server form.

Get free EPoS software at http://www.lettronics.com
View as RSS news feed in XML