Lettronics Support

The place for free support for our software and systems.
Welcome to Lettronics Support Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Receipt layout

Last post 03-31-2011, 5:32 PM by Kev Martin. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-31-2011, 2:18 AM 1545

Receipt layout

I'm using a non epson 58mm thermal printer(through windows) and after playing with the x and y settings for a while, there are still a few lines of text I can't get control of. I really hope someone can help me solve this as everything else I've seen of the software seems great. The problem-part of my receipt is printing as follows;

Product1

Cash Payment - Thank You 29/03/2011

Total(Ex Vat)

VAT

Total

1@29.99

Receipt Date: ..........

Filed under:
  •  03-31-2011, 8:25 AM 1546 in reply to 1545

Re: Receipt layout

Using the Windows printer for a receipt printer is always going to be difficult, as our Windows printer setup assumes identical sized pages, which a receipt printer cannot satisfy.

Most receipt printers can obey the industry standard Epson ESC/P standard, so have you tried using either the TM88 or APD options for the printer?

Get free EPoS software at http://www.lettronics.com
  •  03-31-2011, 1:55 PM 1547 in reply to 1546

Using tm88 is unresponsive. The APD is closer, but I'm missing the last character or two on the longer lines. I know the printer isn't ideal for the package, I was just hoping I could make it work out, as I already had it. Certainly not the end of the world if I have to get a better model.
  •  03-31-2011, 2:08 PM 1548 in reply to 1547

The APD one is for the standard Epson paper (80mm from memory), so at 58mm, I guess you can only manage 32 columns as a guess?  Is it the prices its missing on the right? Do you know how many columns it can do?

There may be a DIP switch setting in the printer/driver for number of columns, worth checking.

As a last resort before replacing printer, if your willing, not in a hurry and don't mind running unreleased frequently changing beta code, we may be able to provide something that works for you using the APD settings, just narrower columns.

If you do go down the route of replacing it, we will likely be dropping the older methods of receipt printing at some point, leaving Windows and APD as longer term options.

Get free EPoS software at http://www.lettronics.com
  •  03-31-2011, 5:32 PM 1549 in reply to 1548

Sadly, theres no sign of a DIP switch in the settings. Its a bit tricky to tell how much I'm missing, but one of the the longest line reads(if thats any help):

101              1@29.99     2

Most people i've talked to agree that my business will be too small when starting to bother with epos(agree with each other, not me). But if theres any way I could give it a 'trial run' without getting a new printer, I'd cerainly give it a try , as I suspect the time I'll save will easily make it worthwhile.

View as RSS news feed in XML